JAMII SACCO SOCIETY LIMITED P.O. Box 57929,
Tel: (020) 552477/ 552448, Fax: 552523 Nairobi.
Mobile: 0715 961545, 0736 613
MOBILE BANKING (JAMII M-CASH)
Jamii SACCO Society offers Cash Deposits/ Withdrawals, Balance Enquiry, Mini Statement, Airtime Top-Up, Mobile Loans, Utility Payments (KPLC, DSTV, Nairobi Water) among others services through Mobile Phones subject to the following Terms & Conditions;
Terms and Conditions of Mobile banking facility.
1. The Mobile Banking facility provided by Jamii Sacco is for the personal use of the member, is not transferable and shall not be used for any other purpose other than the transactions designated by the Sacco.
2. The member should keep the Personal Identification Number (PIN) of the respective facilities strictly confidential and not reveal such particulars to any person at any time under any circumstances. The member shall take care to prevent the loss or theft of the phone and the PIN falling into the hands of third party and in the event of such occurrence immediately notify Jamii Sacco and shall also give a written confirmation to the Sacco.
3. The member shall accept full responsibility for all transactions processed or effected by the use of the Mobile Banking facility howsoever affected.
4. Further, the Sacco has the authority to debit the account with all the charges that the Sacco may charge for using Mobile Banking Facility, and also with any other liability inclusive of legal fees or other statutory charges, if any, relating to the use of Mobile Banking Facility.
5. The Sacco is not bound to carry out the instructions given through the Mobile Banking Facilities if the Sacco, at its sole discretion believes that such instructions do not emanate from the member
6. The Jamii Sacco shall not be liable, for any loss or damage incurred or suffered by the member as a result of non-acceptance of and/or non adherence to instructions given on Mobile Banking facility for any reason whatsoever.
7. At no time the member attempt to effect transactions executed thought the Mobile Banking Facility, unless sufficient funds are available in the account/s. The Sacco is under no obligation to honor any payment instructions unless there are sufficient funds in designated account(s) at the time of receiving such payment instructions.
8. If the account is a Joint Account, the member would be jointly and severally liable with other joint account holders for all transactions arising from the use of the Mobile Banking facility.
9. The member shall accept the Sacco’s records and statements of all transactions processed by the Mobile facility as conclusive and binding on the member for all purposes.
(Note: transactions made on a holiday or after normal banking hours would be shown against the date of the following working day.)
10. The Sacco shall at any time be entitled to amend, supplement or vary any of these terms and conditions and fees applicable at its sole discretion with or without notice to the member and such amendment, supplement or variation shall be binding on the member.
11. The use of the Mobile Banking facility shall be subject to the Sacco’s prevailing general business conditions, rules and regulations governing all services, facilities and transactions covered by Mobile Banking facility or otherwise.
12. The Sacco shall have the sole and full discretion to cancel, withdraw or renew the Mobile Banking facilities without prior notice or any reasons given to the member. In the event the member decides to terminate the use of the Mobile Banking facility, the member shall give the Sacco not less than seven (7) days prior notice in writing to the Sacco and obtain a valid receipt thereof.
13. The privileges extended for the use of the Mobile Banking facility shall be determined, varied or amended from time to time at the sole discretion of the Sacco.
14. All transactions by the use of the Mobile Banking facility shall be governed by the law of Kenya and the courts of Kenya shall have jurisdiction in all matters relating to such transactions unless the member and the Sacco agree to refer any such dispute to arbitration.
Dial USSD *879# or *806#for Non –smart phone holders.
Download the Jamii M-Cash App on your Smartphone from playstore for Android phone holders.
Account balance Inquiry for all your accounts
Mini statement Inquiry
Mobile Money/ Cash withdrawal
Mobile Loan Application
Cash Deposit to all accounts
And many more
The loan is applied and granted through mobile phone and the terms and conditions are as follows:
Member must subscribe/register to the Sacco M-banking services (Fill Jamii M-Cash Form).
A member must attain the minimum share capital of Ksh. 10,000.
Considers a member up to 80% of the member deposits but up to a maximum of Ksh. 50,00
A member can qualify to borrow up to Ksh. 5,000 without graduation subject to attaining the above conditions.
A member eligible to borrow more than Ksh. 5,000 will be subjected to a graduation factor of 1.5 conducted once in 30 days.
The interest rate per month will be 5.3% for I month, 6.3% for 2 months, 7.3% for 3 months, 8.3% for 4 Months and 9.3% for 5 months charged on the principal loan one off. The interest will be accrued and not recovered upfront.
Repayment can either be done using either USSD (Dial *879#/*806#), Jamii M-cash App or Paybill number532200. Dial *879# or *806#, then choose in the menu the product type you want to access loan, or deposit and if using Paybill 532200 then keying the account number-ID NUMBER OR MEMBERSHIP NUMBER THEN THE PRODUCT CODE.
Some of the charges that apply for the above services are:
Account Balance Inquiry – Kshs. 10.
Mini Statement – Kshs. 10.
Cash withdrawal – Kshs. 50 upto a maximum of Kshs. 70,000 per transaction.
M/s Safaricom Limited Charges an average of Kshs. 5 in Airtime for every USSD Session.